UMSP is an internal UPnP Media Server based on PHP (for disclaimer and official thread see here). It is integrated in the latest versions of WDLXTV firmware.
Current Features of UMSP
- Sort and shuffle local media with 'flat view'
- plugin: ShoutCast
- plugin: Apple-Trailers
- plugin: System Info
- basic thumbnail support
- b-rad's optical drive mod
- run these commands in ssh (or add
config_tool -c UMSP=ONto S00custom-options):
config_tool -c UMSP=ON config_tool -s
- Power cycle so the new webplugin settings get applied.
After that UMSP should appear under "Media Servers".
If for some reason UMSP doesn't show up you may have to load it manually like so:
- Browse to the webinterface (go to http://<yourWDTV>/umsp/index.php) and click "Send SSDP broadcast".
Credits to zoster and b-rad