This version is used for testing purposes. It is identical to the normal flashed version. The main difference is that while wdlxtv-live runs from the internal read only NAND flash, ext3-boot-live is pivoted into and run directly off your external device. This means ext3-boot-live gives you full read/write permissions.
It gets only mounted at boot, if all of the following applies:
- a previously flashed WDLXTV version (0.2+) is already present on the WDTVLive,
- root.bin is placed on the WDTV-plugged-in USB thumb drive.
- the plugged-in thumb drive is either:
- the only device connected
- the device detected by the WDTV Live as /dev/sda1
Note that it's net.mounts, S00custom-options and smb.conf (if avaiable) ovveride the ones previously installed.
Never unmount/unplug the USB thumb drive on which it resides, while the WDTVLive is plugged-in (even if in standby), otherwise the system will become unstable.
WDLXTV Ext3 (For WDTV Ext3 Boot)
- Forum Link(s)
SVN Lastest Version
This post describes how to use SVN to get the latest release by downloading it once and just updating it.