WDLXTV supports the loading of additional applications on boot. These applications are provided as .app.bin file. An .app.bin file contains a complete filesystem in either CRAMFS or EXT3 format which will be mounted by WDLXTV on boot.
- You need a USB drive connected to WDTV!
- The USB drive has to stay connected to WDTV!
- You can't use USB_POWER_OFF option!
- Download the application and unpack the .app.bin file from the archive.
- Copy the .app.bin file to the root of your USB drive.
- Connect the USB drive to your WDTV.
Using WAM (Webend Addons Manager)
This feature is only available in WDLXTV version 0.5.0 and higher!
- Connect to the WFE (WebFrontEnd) of your WDTV.
- Click on Addons Manager (WAM).
- Select the Applications tab.
- Select a download location for the apps you want to install and click Apply Changes at the bottom of the page.
Using shell commands
Creating your own app.bin
List of available applications
* Transmission Torrent client by playdude * Dokuwiki, kind of Wiki deamon to be run on WDTVby egony * pwreset to reset the password stored in the WDTV by brad * Wake-on-lan a PC after booting * usb2serial driver to control Serial devices via USB-Serial converter by vladojko * tcpdump to sniff IP packets by zoster * Slimrat Linux Rapidshare downloader by sailort * rarfs & owfs by brad * NFS server by Taganaka * DownloadDaemon with WebUI for OneClick Hoster (e.g. Rapidshare) by derlinuxer * Polipo proxy server by Martor * WDTVEXT by Pibos * Apache2 WebServer by awx * Midnight Commander by awx * TwonkeyMedia Server by awx * Asterisk by recliq * Truecrypt by recliq * encFS by recliq * PureFTPd 1.0.29 (incl. Virtual User support) by recliq * LIRC 0.8.7 (incl. X10 RF USB remote kernel module) by recliq * ssmtp (incl. mailx) by recliq * Virtual USB Drive by recliq * vpnc 0.5.3 - Client for cisco vpn concentrator by recliq * inotify-tools 3.14 by recliq * psyBNC 2.3.2-7 by recliq * eggdrop 1.6.20 by recliq * Bmon (bandwidth monitoring tool) by Jacket * iftop (bandwidth monitoring tool) by Jacket * bwm-ng (bandwidth monitoring tool) by Jacket * rrdtool (time-series data storage and display) by Jacket * ddclient (access your WDTV from the internet) by Chameleon Skin * VIM 7.2 (VIM text editor) by Chameleon Skin * Ruby 1.8.7 + Rails 2.3.5 (programming language) by Chameleon Skin * Streamripper 1.64.6 (save internet radio streams as mp3 files) by Chameleon Skin * Squid Web Proxy 2.7 (access blocked websites) by Chameleon Skin * WDLXTV Monitoring tool - WDLxTV Monitoring tool lets you view and store graphs showing various hardware aspects of your WDTV Live * WDTVhack - Password recovery tool by Jaromil * No-IP is a dynamic dns provider (ddns) * Ipkg Optware software package collection ported by Jaromil * MiniDLNA - DLNA server that shares your WDTV medias on your network, ported by RMerlin.
--Recliq 13:05, 10 July 2011 (UTC)