UMSP is an internal UPnP Media Server based on PHP (for disclaimer and official thread see here). It is included in the WDLXTV firmware.
Current Features of UMSP
- Sort and shuffle local media with 'flat view'
- plugin: ShoutCast
- plugin: Apple-Trailers
- plugin: System Info
- basic thumbnail support
- b-rad's optical drive mod
- run in ssh:
add.webplugin umsp /var/umsp
- Power cycle so the new webplugin settings get applied.
- Now to make UMSP show up as a UPnP media server we have to broadcast a UDP/SSDP message. This can be done via the webinterface (go to http://<yourWDTV>/umsp/index.php) and click "Send SSDP broadcast".
The cache-timeout value is crucial! After x-seconds UMSP will disappear (currently 2 hours when send from the WebUI).
To permanently send this broadcast add the following to "/conf/S00user-script" or "S00custom-options":
The script has to continue to run in the background or UMSP will disappear.
After that UMSP should appear under "Media Servers".
- The current setup is very crude. A nicer one will follow later. - Credits to zoster