README WDLXTV Live
WDLXTV - HOMEBREW FIRMWARE FOR THE sigma 8655 family WDTV[S]
- WDLXTV_LIVE: WDTV Live - WDLXTV_LIVE_MINIMAL: WDTV Live - WDLXTV_G2: WDTV HD Gen 2
NOTE: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS MESSING UP YOUR WDTV. YOU ARE FLASHING A REMIX OF THE OFFICIAL FIRMWARE THAT ADDS A LOT OF EXTRA FUNCTIONALITY -- IT SHOULD NOT GO WRONG, BUT IF IT DOES I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT. [well I really do, I'm just not responsible ; )]
This firmware enables the following:
* based on 1.02.21 firmware * Moviesheet capability (sheet/wall/fullscreen std) * Deluge Bittorrent with web ui * NZBGet with web ui * Lighttpd webserver with php * pure-ftpd server with TLS * Dropbear SSH server * Telnet server * YouTube HD support * EasyNews xvid proxy * Shoutcast via live365 proxy * python, perl, bash, etc... * curlftpfs & sshfs & unionfs * external dvd drive capability * mounting of WDTV-Live Optware package (if available) at boot * mounting of app bin packs (if available) at boot * mounting of OSD overlay (if available) at boot * mounting of NFS under 'network shares' (http://b-rad.cc/cifs-interceptor) * Ximeta NDAS device support (requires ndas app pack - coming soon) * configurable to automount NFS shares * user suppliable smb.conf file * Automatic Samba and NFSD share exporting * user suppliable background & screen saver images * selectable 4/8/12 video thumb view (see S00custom-options) * selectable 4/6/8 file list view (see S00custom-options) * selectable 10/15 photo/music thumb view (see S00custom-options) * user suppliable init.d scripts
WDLXTV_G2 and WDLXTV_LIVE_MINIMAL DO NOT INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
* perl ** (now included in WDLXTV_LIVE_MINIMAL) * python * php ** (now included in WDLXTV_LIVE_MINIMAL) * Deluge * NZBget * lighttpd ** (now included in WDLXTV_LIVE_MINIMAL)
This is a permanent flash, like an official upgrade
To see NFS/CIFS/XFS/ReiserFS/NDAS devices, you must either:
- have a supported drive/flashdisk plugged in for xmounts to appear
- have CIFSINTERCEPTOR enabled and /conf/cifs-interceptor set up with shares
- for more info: http://b-rad.cc/cifs-interceptor ( WDTV Live only)
- Power cycle = unplug & re-plug power cable, *not* power off&on via remote *
net.mounts are where you can place NFS/CIFS/ftp/ssh shares that you would like loaded at boot. net.mounts must either be on a drive at boot or in /conf to be used, every boot.
If you'd like to customize Samba options you may include your own custom smb.conf. Include smb.conf (smbpasswd goes in /conf/smbpasswd) at the root of an attached device, then power cycle and it will be loaded.
sys: root:blank (change immediately using telnet!) WDLXTV-Webend: wdlxtv:wdlxtv mt-daapd: blank:admin (not installed on minimal/G2) deluge: deluge (not pre-installed with minimal/G2)
Appreciate this? Paypal something to: paypal at b-rad.cc ; )
copy to usb key formated to FAT/FAT32 USE HP USB FORMAT tool google :-> "HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool"
or under linux mkfs.vfat
dont use NFTS its better to use better supported well known FS like FAT
Vista is using exFAT also PE2USB is able format USBkey to FAT16/FAT32
if is not recognized new firmware change wdtv.bin to higher release
probably you should change to