README WDLXTV Live
WDLXTV - HOMEBREW FIRMWARE FOR THE sigma 8655 family WDTV[S]
- WDLXTV_PLUS: WDTV Live Plus - WDLXTV_LIVE: WDTV Live - WDLXTV_G2: WDTV HD Gen 2
NOTE: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS MESSING UP YOUR WDTV.
YOU ARE FLASHING A REMIX OF THE OFFICIAL FIRMWARE THAT ADDS A LOT OF EXTRA FUNCTIONALITY
IT SHOULD NOT GO WRONG, BUT IF IT DOES I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT.
[well I really do, I'm just not responsible ; )]
This firmware enables the following:
* based on 1.01.77/1.02.21/1.03.49/1.05.04 firmwares * Auto framerate resolution switching based on media (psychodad) (wdlxtv-live/g2) * AutoZoom out during video playback for overscan fix (wdlxtv-live/g2) * WMAPro audio support (thespecialist) (1.02.21 based wdlxtv-live) * WDTVExt dynamic OSD modification software (pibos) (1.02.21 based wdlxtv-live) * WDTVExt plugin manager & updater (recliq) (1.02.21 based wdlxtv-live) * Moviesheet capability - sheet/wall/fullscreen std * rtorrent bittorrent with rutorrent web ui (wdlxtv-live/plus) * UMSP streaming plugins via SVN (wdlxtv-live/plus) * Apple Trailers, Shoutcast, Revision3 (wdlxtv-live/plus) * NZBGet with web ui (wdlxtv-live/plus) * apache webserver with php (wdlxtv-live/plus) * fully featured webend interface with irc/telnet/filemanager/remote/bug report/etc (wdlxtv-live/plus) * WDLXTV WebEnd Configurator for all firmware settings (RMerlin) (wdlxtv-live/plus) * external dvd drive capability with retail dvd support * pure-ftpd server with TLS * Dropbear SSH server * Telnet server * Updated/Corrected official localizations * Additional localizations (greek, catalan, polish, dutch, danish) * YouTube HD support (wdlxtv-live/plus) * EasyNews xvid proxy (wdlxtv-live/plus) * Shoutcast via live365 proxy (wdlxtv-live/plus) * perl, bash, etc... * curlftpfs & sshfs & unionfs * mounting of WDTV-Live Optware package (if available) at boot * mounting of app bin packs (if available) at boot * mounting of OSD overlay (if available) at boot * mounting of NFS under 'network shares' (http://b-rad.cc/cifs-interceptor) * NETAPP support for app.bin/osd.bin/opt.bin on network share * configurable to automount NFS shares * user suppliable smb.conf file * Automatic Samba and NFSD share exporting * user suppliable background & screen saver images * selectable 4/8/10/12 video thumb view (see S00custom-options or webend configurator) * selectable 4/6/8/10/11/12 file list view (see S00custom-options or webend configurator) * selectable 10/15 photo/music thumb view (see S00custom-options or webend configurator) * user suppliable init.d scripts * much, much, more
WDLXTV_G2 DOES NOT INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
* perl * python * php * rtorrent/rutorrent * NZBget * apache
This is a permanent flash, like an official upgrade
To see NFS/CIFS/XFS/ReiserFS/NDAS devices, you must either:
- have a supported drive/flashdisk plugged in for xmounts to appear
- xmounts show up in local folders only!
- have CIFSINTERCEPTOR enabled and /conf/cifs-interceptor set up with shares
- for more info: http://b-rad.cc/cifs-interceptor ( WDTV Live only)
- Power cycle = unplug & re-plug power cable, *not* power off&on via remote *
net.mounts are where you can place NFS/CIFS/ftp/ssh shares that you would like loaded at boot. net.mounts must either be on a drive at boot or in /conf to be used, every boot.
If you'd like to customize Samba options you may include your own custom smb.conf. Include smb.conf (smbpasswd goes in /conf/smbpasswd) at the root of an attached device, then power cycle and it will be loaded.
- sys/telnet/ssh: root:blank (change immediately using telnet!)
- WDLXTV-Webend: wdlxtv:wdlxtv
- mt-daapd: blank:admin (not installed on minimal/G2)
Appreciate this? Donate something to: paypal at wdlxtv.com ; )
Copy to usb key formated to FAT/FAT32 (use standard windows format) or under linux mkfs.vfat
Don't use NFTS its better to use better supported well known FS like FAT
Vista is using exFAT also PE2USB is able format USBkey to FAT16/FAT32
if new firmware is not recognized change wdtv/wdtvhd/wdtvlive/wdtvlive2 bin to higher release in the wdtv/wdtvhd/wdtvlive/wdtvlive2 .ver file
probably you should change to