mt-daapd is a multi-threaded DAAP server for Linux and other POSIX type systems. It allows a Linux box (like the WDTV gen1) to share audio files with iTunes users.
1. Before you start
Make sure that :
- you have a WDTV gen1 that has WDLXTV installed
- your WDTV gen1 is connected to your network (and has been assigned an IP address)
- you (kinda) know what telnet/ssh is and how to use it
2. Downloading optware
In order to get the Mt-daapd server running on your wdtv, you first need to have optware installed. So :
- first download the opt.bin-02.zip from b-rad
- extract the opt.bin from the zip file and place it in the root of your boot device
- cold boot the wdtv (so completely disconnect from power and reconnect) with boot device (that contains opt.bin) connected
For more details about optware, see b-rads tutorial here
3. Installing mt-daapd
- connect to your wdtv via telnet/ssh.
You need the wdtv's IP address for this of course, so (1) check your router or (2) check the wdtv menu : settings, system, about
>> MORE TO FOLLOW VERY SOON <<